14 Dec Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Gingerbread is one of those flavours that is synonymous with Christmas, and it also happens to be one of my favourite flavours to bake with!
These cupcakes are light, fluffy and loaded with fragrant gingerbread spices. The rich cream cheese icing (made with Lancewood cream cheese) is the perfect topping, and a mini gingerbread man adds some crunch and a dose of cuteness. This is definitely one to add to the holiday baking list!
Note: If you don’t have a mini gingerbread man cutter, a star or Christmas tree look equally cute. Or simply use some festive sprinkles if you prefer!
Gingerbread fans, try this Gingerbread Fudge and these Gingerbread Trifles.
This post was sponsored by Lancewood. All text and opinions are 100% my own.
100g butter, room temperature
175g Muscovado sugar
15ml golden syrup (1 tbsp)
5ml vanilla (1 tsp)
1 large egg
5ml baking powder (1 tsp)
7,5ml ground ginger (1 ½ tsp)
5ml ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
1,25ml mixed spice
125ml milk (½ cup)
Cream Cheese Icing:
120g unsalted butter, room temperature
250g Lancewood Full Fat Cream Cheese, room temp
5ml vanilla (1 tsp)
750g icing sugar, sifted
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the golden syrup, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well, then lastly add in the milk. Beat until just combined.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 wrappers
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and combined
- Add the vanilla and beat well
- Gradually add the icing sugar and mix until completely smooth.
- Place into a piping bag fitted with a closed star nozzle
- Pipe a swirl onto each cupcake, then decorate with a mini gingerbread man.