07 Jul Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Crunchy, creamy, salty and sweet – this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie has it all! I’ve always loved the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, and this pie is no exception. The filling is made with lots of peanut butter and Lancewood cream cheese, resulting in a rich and creamy texture. With a smooth dark chocolate ganache and crunchy Oreo base, it’s ticking all the boxes! I love that this pie is decadent enough to serve when entertaining, but easy enough to make for a weeknight treat (no baking required!). As it’s quite rich, just a small slice is enough so this pie can easily serve 10 people.
For the base:
2 x 133g packages Oreos
85g salted butter, melted
For the filling:
250g Lancewood medium fat cream cheese, softened
400g smooth peanut butter
⅔ cup icing sugar, sifted
250ml cream (1 cup)
For the ganache:
250g dark chocolate
125ml cream (½ cup)
- Blitz the Oreos in a food processor until you have fine crumbs (or place in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin). Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press this mixture into a 23cm fluted pie dish and push down with the back of a spoon or a glass. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together until smooth. Add the icing sugar and 1 cup cream and beat until smooth and combined. Spread this mixture onto the base and refrigerate.
- To make the ganache topping, finely chop the chocolate and place in a microwaveable bowl with the ½ cup cream. Microwave for 1 minute then allow to stand for 1 minute. Stir together until blended.
- Pour the ganache over the filling and smooth with a palette knife. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.