24 Nov Peanut Butter CBD Dog Treats
Recently my vet recommended CBD oil to treat my dogs anxiety. Problem is, most CBD oils taste pretty unpleasant, and my fussy hound refused to consume it. Then I discovered the Select Pets flavoured hemp tinctures from Pet Heaven. Knowing how much my dog loves peanut butter, I decided to use the peanut butter flavoured oil to make some tasty Peanut Butter CBD dog treats. Now administering her medication is easy as pie, in fact she’d gobble up the whole jar of treats if she could!
CBD Oil can be used for treating pain, anxiety and other illness symptoms in pets. Remember to always consult your vet before starting any treatment.
(Makes about 48 biscuits)
1 medium banana
270 g smooth peanut butter (1 cup)*
1 large egg
12ml Select Pets hemp tincture peanut butter flavour**
250g wholewheat flour (1¾ cups)
15–30ml water (1–2 tbsp)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Chop the banana up and add to a large bowl. Mash it well then add the peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add the egg and Select CBD oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the wholewheat flour, mixing well after each addition. Use your hands to bring the dough together, adding a little water if the dough is too crumbly.
- Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1cm thick. Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on the baking tray. Bake the biscuits for 18-20 minutes until baked all the way through. Leave to cool completely on the tray.
- Repeat with the remaining dough. Store the biscuits in an airtight container.
*It is very important to get Xylitol-free peanut butter, as Xylitol is toxic to dogs.
**This recipe makes 48 cookies (my cookie cutter was 5cm x 2cm) and I added enough CBD oil so that each biscuit contained 5 drops (the dosage for a dog under 11 kg). For larger dogs, follow the dosage on the box.