12 Apr Mini Speckled Egg Skillet Cookies
When I discovered these adorable mini skillets online I was inspired to make so many things. Individual brownies, pancakes, Malva puddings, even shakshuka-type breakfast bowls! But the first thing I simply had to try was mini skillet cookies! With Easter around the corner I felt it was appropriate to replace the chocolate chips with little speckled eggs. And so these Mini Speckled Egg Skillet Cookies came about.
Initially I added the speckled eggs before baking, but I found that the colour of the shells ran into the batter, and some cracked/burst in the oven. By pushing the speckled eggs into the hot cookie, they retain their colour and shape but still get warm and melty! Best served with a generous scoop of ice cream.
75g white sugar
75g brown sugar
1 large egg
10ml vanilla essence
2,5ml baking soda
125g speckled egg
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease 6 mini skillets (about 12cm diameter) or 1 large skillet (around 26cm).
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Stir together the flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined
- Divide the mixture between the 6 mini skillets and press down evenly. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown but still a little soft.
- Immediately push about 10 speckled eggs into each cookie, while they are still warm. Serve immediately with ice cream.