17 Mar Lemon Cheesecake Truffles
For the lemon cheesecake lovers out there, here’s quick way to get your fix. These truffles are a cute and compact version of that much-loved classic dessert. You may have seen my 3 Ingredient Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles post a few weeks ago, and these are just as easy and tasty but with a zesty, lemon tang.
There are two ways to make these, depending on how much of a lemon fan you are. Using Bakers Lemon Creams will give you a really strong lemon flavour. Personally I found it a little too strong, so I came up with an alternative recipe where you can adjust the level of citrus flavour to your liking.
Either way, I think you’ll find them to be both easy to make and easy to eat!
PS. If you love lemon cheesecake, give this Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake a try!
1 x 200g box of Golden Oreo’s *
10ml finely grated lemon zest *
10ml fresh lemon juice *
* OR replace these 3 ingredients with 200g Bakers Lemon Creams
100g full fat cream cheese e.g. Philadelphia block, softened
200g white chocolate
Yellow hundreds and thousands for decorating, optional
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until you have quite fine crumbs.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice (if using) and softened cream cheese and process again until combined.
- Take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. You can make them a little bigger or smaller if you like. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler. Using a fork, dip each truffle into the chocolate and allow the excess to drip off.
- Place on a wire cooling rack above a tray and decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- The tray will catch any excess chocolate or sprinkles.
- Once all the truffles are coated, refrigerate again for at least an hour.