06 Nov No Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
*WARNING: completely addictive recipe ahead*
Oh yes. You read that right. As if ice cream wasn’t delicious enough already, you throw in some crunchy, chocolatey Oreo’s and you now have heaven on a spoon! In my books any recipe that combines condensed milk and Oreo’s is a guaranteed winner… And what better way to enjoy this combo than in a cool and creamy ice cream?
This No-Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream recipe is unbelievably easy, only 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time! You will actually feel like a bit of fraud when your guests are gushing over it (and trust me, they will), knowing how little effort was involved in making it. Don’t worry, that can be our little secret!
Everyone knows I’m a huge fan of my ice cream maker, but this recipe doesn’t need one. If you do have one, feel free to use it – just stir the cream and condensed milk together, refrigerate for a few hours then churn in your ice cream maker. Once the ice cream is almost finished churning, add your cookie bits and churn briefly to mix.
650ml of whipping cream, chilled
397g tin of condensed milk
176g box of Oreos
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the condensed milk until just combined.
- Crush the Oreo cookies with a rolling pin or mortar and pestle until you have a nice mixture of small, medium and large cookie chunks. A food processor tends to crush them too finely for my liking!
- Fold the crushed cookies into the cream/condensed milk mixture.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for at least 6 hours.