14 Feb White Chocolate and Cherry Hearts
Valentine’s Day is here once again (where did January go?!) and I couldn’t let the day pass without making some suitably romantic treats. It’s the one holiday where I don’t restrain my urges to go all out, over-the-top pink and sugary on you guys! So here are some pretty White Chocolate and Cherry Hearts.
These little hearts are a fun and easy no-bake treat that can be made with just a few ingredients. The filling is made from icing sugar, condensed milk and cherry flavour, with a touch of lemon juice to balance out all that sweetness. I got the cherry flavour at my local baking store, and you could also try strawberry or raspberry flavour.
Whether you gift them to your lover or keep them for yourself, these White Chocolate and Cherry Hearts are sure to sweeten up your day!
250g icing sugar (2 cups), plus extra for rolling
125g condensed milk (⅓ tin)
10ml lemon juice (2 tsp)
5-10ml cherry flavour (1-2 tsp)
a few drops of pink food coloring
250g white baking chocolate
pink and red sprinkles
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps!
- Stir in the condensed milk and cherry flavour. It will seem like the mixture is too dry but it will come together. Use your hands to bring the mixture together, then turn out onto a clean surface dusted with a little extra icing sugar, and knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Dust your work surface and hands with icing sugar and roll the mixture out with a rolling pin. I like to roll it quite thin, about 2mm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes. Place the hearts on a lined tray and set aside for at least 1 hour to dry. They should be quite firm now, if not you can pop them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate (either over a pan of simmering water or at 30-second intervals in the microwave). If you find it too thick, you can add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Carefully dip each heart into the melted chocolate, ensuring all sides are covered. Transfer to a tray lined with greaseproof paper and decorate with sprinkles. Leave to set at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.