23 Jun 3 minute Nutella Mug Cake for 1
It’s one of those nights. You’re home alone, watching chick flicks in your PJ’s. You’ve just polished off 2 bags of popcorn and now you’re craving something sweet. You raid the cupboard and find half a bag of stale marshmallows and a dry piece of liquorice. Hmmm… its not looking promising. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! This gooey, indulgent dessert is only 3 minutes away.
The thing is, mug cakes can be kind of disgusting. Flavour is often the sacrifice for a simple recipe and quick mixing time. The first recipe I tried was doughy and tasteless. The second was a bit like a Nutella omelette. Yuk! The third was pretty good but not quite there. So I made a few tweaks to get it just perfect. Moist, chocolatey and just a little gooey! The perfect dessert for one. You could of course double the recipe if your hubby/boyfriend/roommate comes home early. And if you happen to have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer, add a scoop for extra deliciousness!
(Makes 1 mug)
4 tbsp Nutella
3 tbsp milk
4 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
- Add the Nutella to a bowl and microwave for 5-10 seconds to soften.
- Add the milk and beat with a fork or whisk until combined.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into a large mug (it shouldn’t be more than 3/4 full or it may bubble over) and microwave for 70 seconds on full power*.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes (patience!), then dig in!
* Mine was perfectly done after 70 seconds, but microwave oven’s do vary so start with 60 seconds, then check if its done. If not, microwave for another 10-20 seconds. It should be moist but cooked through.