14 Aug Magic Bars
What makes a recipe “magic”? How about adding 7 ingredients to a baking tin, popping in the oven, and removing perfectly layered bars like this?*
If you’re impressed already, then just wait until you taste these Magic Bars. Oh. My. Word. I was actually quite taken aback by the deliciousness of them. Imagine a crunchy biscuit base, topped with a soft chocolate layer, chewy coconut and almonds and lastly a layer of crunchy golden granola. All these flavours and textures do a magic happy dance in your mouth, and before you know it you’re reaching for another one. At this point I expect you’ll be quite blown away by the wizardry of these bars, but there is one last sprinkling of magic – the incredible lack of dirty dishes in your sink since you didn’t even use a mixing bowl!
*Ok I lied a little, you still have to slice them, they don’t actually come out as pre-cut bars.
200g Digestive Biscuits
100g butter, melted
2 cups (175g) milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup flaked almonds
1 cup plain granola
385g tin condensed milk
- Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs using a food processor or rolling pin.
- Pour the melted butter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the digestive biscuit crumbs evenly.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate chunks, coconut flakes, flaked almonds and granola in that order.
- Lastly pour the condensed milk over evenly, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the Magic Bars to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely before slicing into squares.