29 Nov 3 ingredient Nutella Sandwich Cookies
If you don’t like Nutella, I’m not sure we can be friends. There, I said it. That is how strongly I feel about the heavenly goo.
You may think that anything made with Nutella is sure to be a winner. Well, kind of. It is true that the sweet, chocolatey spread can disguise a multitide of sins. However, the recipe still needs to work. That’s why I was skeptical when I found a 3-ingredient Nutella cookie recipe on Blue Door Bakery– it just seemed to easy! I can assure you though, it really works perfectly. I had to add my own personal touch so I upped the Nutella content (obviously!) by sandwiching 2 cookies together with extra heavenly goo. Even better (obviously)!
This 3-ingredient Nutella sandwich cookie recipe is one you can memorise and make quickly just about anywhere. If you like your cookie sandwiches a little more crispy than chewy, then flatten the dough a little more before baking and allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray. And if you are mad about Nutella like me, give these 3-minute Nutella mug cakes a try!
1 cup Nutella, room temperature
1 large egg
1 cup self-raising flour
Extra ½ cup of Nutella, for sandwiching
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Beat together 1 cup of Nutella, egg and flour in a bowl using a wooden spoon. Mix well until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place on the baking sheets, 5cm apart. Push down with the back of a spoon or your hand to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then leave the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the tray. Remove to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, sandwich together with extra Nutella.